Compounding allows a practitioner to match a medication to you versus the alternative option of matching you to a medication. Commercially available medications are manufactured with no specific end user (patient) in mind. This is very important because no two individuals are alike.
Compounded Medication Processing
- ACP staff will contact the patient within a couple of hours after receiving an order from a prescriber
- Patient must provide all insurance information to ACP in order for prescriptions to be processed
- Once the prescription is processed and pharmacy receives communication from insurance, ACP staff will contact the patient with detailed information.
- Payment must be made prior to making of all medications since each formulation is unique to each individual patients.
- ACP will arrange medication delivery with patient accordingly.
- Physicians and Other Prescribers may fax or call in prescriptions to our pharmacist except CII.
- ACP will process prescription using insurance if applicable.
- If prior authorization or change in medication is needed, ACP will contact prescriber to discuss options and help with formulation adjustments if needed.
- ACP will inform patient of the outcome and get final verbal decision from the patient prior to making of any compounds.
- If for some reason, patient does not want the medication, ACP will contact the prescriber and notify of such decision.
- ACP will collect all copays and payments prior to making of the compounds.
- Patient may pick up, or set up for shipping of their choice such as mail, or courier delivery.
Unique Dosage Forms
- Topical and Oral Solutions/Suspensions
- Creams, Lotions, and Gels
- Modified Release Capsules
- Medicated Lozenges and Troches
- Sterile Preparations
- Preservative-Free Formulas
- Hospice Formulations
- Impotence & Erectile Dysfunction Formulations
- Otic Insufflations
- Nasal Sprays
- LoxaSperse™ Formulations
Customized Medications Offer Alternatives & Advantages for:
- Veterinary Medications
- Dermatology & Cosmeceuticals
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pain Management
- Women’s Healthcare
- Scar Prevention & Treatment
- Sinus Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Wound Care